About Trainer Oscar Galván
I have played soccer competitively from a very young age. I was born and raised in Mexico where I played soccer at a high level. I also worked as the Strength & Conditioning Coach for the Professional Team Xoloitzcuintles de Tijuana, B.C. Mexico for the reserves U15, U17, 2nd Div. Team & Pro Women's Team. Here in the states, I have coached both high school and club. I was also the Strength & Conditioning Coach for the Soccer Club IR Academy. In the past, I taught Physical Education to K-12th. Currently, I am a Spanish teacher at Elk Grove High School. I am passionate about health and fitness. I truly believe in leading by example. I am a very disciplined and a hard working individual. As a Sports Elite Trainer, I will bring passion, accountability, and dedication to the athletes I train.
As a Sports Elite Trainer, I specialize in combining different components of fitness such as balance training, plyometric progressions, circuit/functional training, and HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) with the purpose of preventing injuries and optimizing performance by increasing the athlete’s power, explosiveness, speed, reaction, and agility so that he or she can compete at an elite level.
- FMS Functional Movement Screen Level 1 (In progress)
- EXOS-XPS Performance Specialist Certification
- EXOS Integrating Nutrition Into Training Certification
- EXOS Speed Performance Certification
- EXOS Elite Strength & Power Performance Certification
- IMG IGNITE 360 Certified: Plyometric Progressions
- TRX Qualified: TRX Suspension Training Basics
- TRX Qualified: TRX Functional Training Course (FTC)
- TRX Qualified: TRX Rip Training Course (RTC)
- U.S. Soccer Federation: E License
- U.S. Soccer Federation: F License
- Sports Psychology Course - Delta College
All images by Richard Pochop Photography